Re: retain the creation date

Sender: "Alan Cassidy" <acassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I don't think that retains the dates on the file. Maybe IBM has changed it
since I heard it, and don't remember checking the dates on the few files
I've had to restore, but it does a new date/time.

The reason, it seems like someone once wrote a program for a client to put
an original create or change date/time on an AS/400 file after a restore.
The way I heard it, IBM got was upset with him because he had to "bypass"
their security options. He got upset back at them, saying, "So give me an
API!".

But that would be surely on the "standard" library-file database.

Don't know why they wouldn't provide that.

I don't know who wrote it. The MIS director here was chairwoman (title?) of
the COMMON security interest group, and that's how she got wind of it.

-- Alan