How to specify the codepage on a GEt for an IFS file

Sender: "L. Maartens" <l.maartens@xxxxxxxxx>

(Repaeted from a message I left earlier on your web site. Not trying to push
ypou for an awnser since I can guess that with the new function as technical
editor with iSeries news you have more than enough on your plate already...)

Scott,

Thanks again for providing the FTP API.

The question I have is how to set the codepage of a streamfile during open.
I can use FTP_codepg, but that will not affect he open, since it always
opens in the DFT_LOC_CP (37 EBCDIC).

Is this the expected/desired behaviour, and if so, then how can I make the
open of the streamfile do this in a ASCII codepage.

I Understand that I can first create the file by myself with the required
Ascii codepage, but I would rather see the FTPAPI do this for me. If you can
direct me on how to achive this within the spirit of the FTPAPI I will
gladly supply you with the ammended coding.

Kind regards,

Loek Maartens,
Veracity Software Consultancy BV