Redirection to SSL/Parameters

Sender: James Viney <James.Viney@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

Hello!

I'm still having problems sending data to my IP address!  However I am
slowly getting somewhere. When I initially get my 302 error, it is actually
trying to redirect to a secure site, which can be seen in the header
returned from my first request:

HTTP/1.1 302 FoundSet-Cookie: ARPT=LUNKKZSweb01MIAFTRCKYUW
; path=/Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:22:04 GMTServer: Apach
e/1.3.28 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7cLocation: htt
ps://www.q.miaftr.com/miaftr2/webservices/v1.0/logonConnec
tion: closeContent-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

So I'm confused as to how to deal with this now, as it suggests I need to
configure a SSL with the site, but the company I'm trying to talk to insist
that we don't need a certificate from them, as all certificates a re server
side only.  .  They also insist that the Security comes from the line
installed between them and the router to which I must be sending my initial
request, hence the redirection. Browsers, obviously deal with this
automatically, by downloading the certificate at that point, I
presume.....is there a way the HTTPAPI can deal with this?  Help!

Why do you suggest that this is strange? (Hence I'm getting an rc of -1
rather than 302)

Also could someone explain the other parameters for http_url_post please
(Timeout, UserAgent, ContType and soapAction).  I think I can guess timeout,
but the others I'm not so sure.  I did have to change the ContType to
'application/xml' for another project but I don't know why.

I'd be really grateful for any help,

Thanks,

James

James Viney