RE: Http error 405

Sender: "Larry Ducie" <Larry_Ducie@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Linda,

I have just created a little form to POST to the URL
http://rentquick.com/receiver.asp from Internet Explorer 6.0. When I attempt
to POST the form I get the message:

Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /receiver.asp.

If I simply use the GET method I receive the following as a file named
receiver.asp:

<XMLResponse>
<Success>Yes</Success>
<Date>12012005052114</Date>
<FirstOrderNumber>1257</FirstOrderNumber>
<LastOrderNumber>1257</LastOrderNumber>
<OrderCount>1</OrderCount>
</XMLResponse>

Is this what you are expecting?

It would appear that the asp you are POSTing to is not set up to receive
POST requests, but a GET request would not make sense for what you are
trying to do. I'd go back to the vendor and check they've given you the
correct URL. I'd also check that they expect you to POST XML to them, and
that they expect to send XML back to you as the body of a response.

It may be that they expect you to send your data as part of the URL in a GET
request. This would make more sense, given the way the asp is working.

Cheers

Larry Ducie