Using FTPAPI to transfer physical files

   Maybe I'm not understanding, but I'm having difficulty getting this to
   work.

   In the olden days, without FTPAPI, I'd log into the other AS/400, set
   the mode to BINARY, cd [remotelib}, LCD [locallib], and then GET file
   (replace.

   So, I'm trying to do the same with FTPAPI, and things are not working.
   I have enabled logging, and here is what I get:

   2: 220-QTCP at [1]sblahblah.blahblah.com.

   2: 220 Connection will close if idle more than 5 minutes.

   2: > USER blahblah

   2: 331 Enter password.

   2: > PASS **********

   2: 230 blahblah logged on.

   2: > SITE NAMEFMT 1

   2: 250 Now using naming format "1".

   2: > TYPE I

   2: 200 Representation type is binary IMAGE.

   2: > SIZE '/QSYS.LIB/ARDTACM.LIB/ARVAL.FILE/ARVAL.MBR'

   2: 500 Subcommand SIZE not valid.

   2: > TYPE I

   2: 200 Representation type is binary IMAGE.

   2: > SIZE '/QSYS.LIB/SHRDATALIB.LIB/SHUSR.FILE.SHUSR.MBR'

   2: 500 Subcommand SIZE not valid.

   FTP_ERROR returns 'A path name is too long.' - but FTPAPI has a
   capacity of 256 bytes for the path name.

   What could I be doing wrong?

   --
   Francis Lapeyre
   Nullum gratuitum prandium.