Re: Error 415 - Unsupported Media Type

Please ignore this question because I solved the problem. I could fix the problem by specifying an empty string at the content type parameter at the http_post_xml() procedure call.

Without the empty string at the http_post_xml() procedure call, HTTP API sends the content type header twice. The first content type header seems to be added and send by default because of the missing content type parameter. The second content type header is send by the HTTP_POINT_ADDL_HEADER callback procedure that I use.

With having passed the empty string as the content type at http_post_xml(), HTTP API seems to ignore the content type header and only the content type header of the HTTP_POINT_ADDL_HEADER callback procedure is used. That solved the problem.

Thomas.

Thomas Raddatz schrieb:
Hi,

I attached the following debug information:

a) GIAN001
Generated WSDL2RPG web service stub, compiled and linked as a service program

b) GIAN001T
   Test program to call the web service. Binds to GIAN001.

c) gian001.log
   HTTP API debug log.

d) crtWsStubCmd.txt
   WSDL2RPG command to generate GIAN001

e) Gianluca CountryName-soapui-project.xml
   soapUI (v2.5.1) test project to call "CountryCode".

f) soapUI_http.log
   soapUI http log.

I do not see any major differences between the soapUI http log and the HTTP API debug log. At least I do not think that the different HTTP versions at the POST operation are responsible for the 415 error. I also assume that the 415 error is not related to the missing "Header" element in http request of GIAN001.

I already played around with changing the SOAP action to "". I also changed the content type from "text/xml" to "text/xml;charset=UTL-8" with no success. At least I added the "Header" element to the http request of GIAN001. Guess what? No success.

Last but not least you should know that I have to use a proxy server to call the web service because our System i is not directly connected to the Internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas.