Reciving error: (GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received.

   I'm trying to use a FedEx web service and I am receiving the following
   error when posting to the service:

   (GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received.

   As the message states, this is related to GSKit. I'm not quite sure
   what it means though and I can't find any information about that
   particular message.

   I did read that FedEx moved to a chained SSL certificate with Verisign
   on March 19^th 2009 in their test environment, which I'm using. I
   don't know if that has any significance.

   Since I am able to do other https requests successfully, I can only
   guess that GSKit doesn't recognize, or trust the certificate from
   either the root or intermediary CA's. Or both maybe?

   I thought maybe I might need to do import the certificates into my CA,
   but everything I've read states no action needs to be taken with
   chained SSL certificates.

   Here's what the debug log looks like.

   HTTPAPI Ver 1.23 released 2008-04-24

   OS/400 Ver V5R4M0

   http_persist_open(): entered

   http_long_ParseURL(): entered

   DNS resolver retrans: 2

   DNS resolver retry  : 2

   DNS resolver options: x'00000136'

   DNS default domain: NORTHERNWHOLESALE.COM

   DNS server found: 192.168.1.1

   DNS server found: 192.168.1.56

   DNS server found: 192.168.1.253

   CONNECT gatewaybeta.fedex.com:0 HTTP/1.1

   Host: gatewaybeta.fedex.com:443 HTTP/1.1

   Proxy-Connection: keep-alive

   Proxy-Authorization: Basic R3JpenpseTpuYjA5MjYwNw==

   recvresp(): entered

   SetError() #43: CommTCP_read: time-out!

   (GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received.

   ssl_error(410): (GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message
   received.

   SetError() #30: SSL Handshake: (GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly
   formatted message received.

   Dump of server-side certificate information:

   Cert Validation Code = 0

   I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and what
   they did to resolve the issue.

   Thanks in advance,

   Griz