IFS problem

Dear Scott,
I am quite sure you don't remember me from the Ocean annual conference,
but anyway I am asking for your help.
I have a program that creates excel files in XML format.
In order to create multiple worksheets I call the same program with some
parameters for start workbook, start worksheet and so on.
On the very first call of the program an IFS file is created and in the
subsequent calls I open the same file in append mode.
When large files are created the following happens:
1. The first file is created correctly
2. After the first open append and close, the first piece of the file is
altered.

If you are willing to help me, I can give you more details, like 'open'
statements or anything you might find useful.

Here it is the situation:
After the first call, before and after the file is closed , it looks
like this:
 <?xml version="1.0"?>
. . .
<Cell ss:StyleID="A01" ><Data ss:Type="String">13-JUL-09</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="A01" ><Data
ss:Type="String">YTO951928000</Data></Cell>
. . . .

After the second open in append mode and write statement the file is
still OK.

After the second close the first piece is altered somewhere in the
middle and it looks like this:
. . .
<Cell ss:StyleID="A01" ><Data ss:Type="String">13-JUL-09</Data></Cell>

<Cellss:StyleID="A01" ><Data ss:Type="String">YTO951928000</Data></Cell>

. . .

The space between 'Cell' and 'ss' is removed.

Depending on the size of each piece, the removal of the space can happen
anywhere.
I tried with 2 or more spaces and they are all removed.
Looks like a %trim, but happens only in the previously created file when
the close statement is for append.

Does this scenario rings any bell?
Or can you point me to some documentation? Of course I have already
tried the IBM website.

Thanks in advance

Adriana Stoicescu, Business Application Support Analyst
UTi Worldwide| 100 Oceangate, Suite 1500 | Long Beach, CA 90802
astoicescu@xxxxxxxxxx| O 562.552.9505 | internet www.go2uti.com

Email Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer

This email message contains information which may be confidential and
or legally privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or have
been authorised to receive on behalf of the intended recipient), you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message or from any attachments that were sent with
this email. If you have received this email message in error, please
advise the sender by email, and delete the message.