From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of ksherbert@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu 7/01/2010 9:33 a.m.
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 501 Unknown extension in database file name

I am getting this error: 501 Unknown extension in database file name.  I am using the FTPAPI and going iSeries to iSeries.  Has anyone run into that and is there a solution.

29: 200 Representation type is binary IMAGE.
29: > SIZE TRUCOM_GT_POS_2009070401022.TMP
29: 500 Subcommand SIZE not valid.
29: > TYPE I
29: 200 Representation type is binary IMAGE.
29: > PORT 172,21,12,9,193,160
29: 200 PORT subcommand request successful.
29: > RETR TRUCOM_GT_POS_2009070401022.TMP
29: 501 Unknown extension in database file name.
29: > TYPE I
29: 200 Representation type is binary IMAGE.
29: > SIZE TRUCOM_GT_POS_2009070401021.TMP
29: 500 Subcommand SIZE not valid.
29: > TYPE I
The code is very simple:
     H Debug
     H BndDir('QC2LE':'FTPAPI')
     H DftActGrp(*NO) ActGrp(*CALLER)
     H Option(*SRCSTMT:*NODEBUGIO)
     H TruncNbr(*YES)
      *
      *
      *  Program Name:  FTPTRUPOS2
      *  Creation Date: 01/06/2010
      *  Author:        Ken Sherbert
      *
      *  This program will FTP from production to the test environment.
      *
      * MODIFICATIONS
      *
     D/COPY GSISRC,FTPAPI_H
     D*-- copy a file from the FTP server:----------------------------------**
     D  copyfile       PR            10I 0
     D   peFd                        10I 0 value
     D   peName                    8192A   options(*varsize)
     D   peNameLen                   10I 0 value
     D todir           S             64A   varying
     D fromdir         S             64A   varying
     D ftpsession1     S             10I 0
     D ftpsession2     S             10I 0
      /free
          todir = '/home/TRU_TEST/POS';
          ftpsession1 = ftp_conn('HOST':'USER':'PASSWORD');
          ftp_namfmt(ftpsession1:1);
          ftpsession2 = ftp_conn('HOST':'USER':'PASSWORD');
          ftp_namfmt(ftpsession2:1);
          fromdir = '/home/tru/POS/arc';
          exsr getfiles;
          ftp_quit(ftpsession2);
          ftp_quit(ftpsession1);
          *INLR = *ON;
          begsr getfiles;
            ftp_chdir(ftpsession1:fromdir);
            ftp_chdir(ftpsession2:fromdir);
            ftp_lstraw(ftpsession1:' ':ftpsession2:%paddr('COPYFILE'));
          endsr;
      /end-free
      *---------------------------------------------------------------
      * copyfile: copy a file from one server to another
      *---------------------------------------------------------------
     P copyfile        B
     D  copyfile       PI            10I 0
     D   peFd                        10I 0 value
     D   peName                    8192A   options(*varsize)
     D   peNameLen                   10I 0 value
     D wwRemote        s            256A
     D wwArchive       s            256A
     D wwLocal         s            256A
      /free
          wwRemote = %subst(peName:1:peNameLen);
          wwLocal = todir + '/' + %subst(peName:1:peNameLen);
          ftp_get(peFD:wwRemote:wwLocal);
          return *ZERO;
      /end-free
     P copyfile        E

Thanks,
Ken Sherbert

Nutrition
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/c?cp=dnLU2pp40BWc0yqBei-PZgAAJ1GQwA_2GHBdcpgjr8pbJkmVAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASQwAAAAA=

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are asked to respect that confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use
of its contents. If received in error you are asked to destroy this email
and contact the sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.

<<winmail.dat>>