FTPAPI does not accept § in file names

   Hi all,

   we use FTPAPI for transferring source files vom one system to another.

   Now we have member names with an embedded § sign.

   In this case the FTP_PUT procedure fails with error at the OpnFile:

   open the file to send

                    eval      wwFD = OpnFile(wwLocal: 'R': p_read:

                                          p_close: peSocket)

                    if        wwFD < 0

                    return    -1

                    endif

   The pathname in wwLocal is:
   /QSYS.LIB/GASS.LIB/QRPGLESRC.FILE/GR§AA00.MBR

   The return value in wwFD is  -1.

   The problem is surely caused by the § sign.

   Is there any work around (except changing file names)?

   Man thanks in advance.

   Regards,

   Werner Noll
   Gesellschaft für Individual-Software mbH
   Ludwigstrasse 15

   63739 Aschaffenburg

   Germany

   Geschäftsführer: Werner Noll, Bernd Schröder

   HR Aschaffenburg HRB 6020
   Phone: +49-6021-299880
   Fax: +49-6021-299882

   e-mail: werner.noll@xxxxxxxxx