Re: Null values and WSDL2RPG and HTTPAPI?

   Charles,
   Actually setting the .value and .isNull fields is quite the same as it
   is with NULL capable fields in RPG, isn't it:
   a) setting .value whereas .isNull is left unchanged to its default
       fooBaa.value = 'John Doe';
       in RPG:
       fooBaa = 'John Doe';
   b) setting the NULL indicator whereas .value is left unchanged to its
   default
       fooBaa.isNull = *ON;
       in RPG:
       %nullind(fooBaa) = *ON;
   > What if we defined a "handle" or pointer that could be passed
   between
   > the user procedures' and into the Getters/Setters?
   >
   > Probably would need a New() procedure that returns the
   > handle/pointer....but you might even be able to offer a New() that
   > takes individual *OMMITable parameters.
   It was great if you could provide a real life sample. Perhaps you
   could generate a stub module and enrich it with your ideas of a
   "handle" or a whatever_new() procedure. If you do not have access to a
   simple web service I could gladly create it and send you a
   step-by-step description of how to set up a Tomcat on your local PC.
   Setting up a Tomcat and deploying a web service to Axis2 is quite
   simple.
   It is a pitty that we do not know whether IBM plans to add true NULL
   capable fields to RPG or not. All we are talking about is how to get
   around the restrictions of RPG.
   @Scott: Please feel free to let us know if you want us to continue
   that discussion offline (private e-mail).
   Thomas.

   -

   --
   IMPORTANT NOTICE:
   This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the