   From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott
   Klement
   Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 1:52 PM
   To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
   Subject: Re: Debug file error 400 using HTTPAPI

   hi Worth,

   HTTP only provides a channel of communication.  Different programmers

   can (and will) use that channel of communication differently.  HTTPAPI

   strives to provide a basic set of tools to help you write software
   that

   can participate in conversations using HTTP communication.

   Why am I saying this?

   The key bit is:  Different programmers can/will use that channel of

   communication differently.

   HTTPAPI is enabling you to communicate with an HTTP server, and that

   server wants you to send a userid and password.  Great.  How should
   that

   userid/password be sent?

   Here are some ways that I've experienced:

   1) Using HTTP's www-authenticate mechanism with BASIC auth.

   2) Using HTTP's www-authetnicate with other auth schemes.

   3) Using SOAP headers

   4) Using SOAP parameters

   5) Using html form data (what you're trying) via POST

   6) Using html form data via GET

   7) Using plain XML (POX) in attributes or elements

   8) Using digital keys

   Are these the only possibilities? No. There are many possibilities.

   understand which one you need to use, you need to understand the
   server

   application. They are all different! We do not understand your server

   application. How could we?

   So...  you need to know and understand how data must be sent to the

   server.  If you can explain that part to us, then we might be able to

   tell you how you can use HTTPAPI to accomplish your task.

   On 6/2/2011 1:10 PM, Holmes, Worth wrote:

   >     The target URL indicates that the userid&  password was not
   sent, but

   >     my debug log shows it was.

   >     Is there something I need to tell the target URL to do in order

   >     accept my post?

   >     Below is part of the debug log (user&  password scrubbed):

   >     recvresp(): entered

   >     SetError() #43: CommTCP_read: No 100-Continue (error ignored)

   >     senddoc(): entered

   id=########++&password=pppppppppp+++&level=full&vinlist=1D7HA18N18J142

   >     004

   >     recvresp(): entered

   >     HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

   >     Attached is the complete log.

   >     Worth Holmes | Sr. Programmer / Analyst |  UNITRIN SPECIALTY

   >     8360 LBJ Freeway Suite 400 | Dallas, TX 75243 | (: 800-456-1919

   >     ext. 1656 | *: wholmes1@xxxxxxxxxxx |

   >     CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication may contain
   confidential

   >     information intended only for the addressee(s). If you received
   this

   >     communication in error, please notify the sender and delete it
   from