Re: First Attempt At Decoding Base64 XML Element

Donnie,

After are more extensive test I am no longer sure what is going wrong on your side. Attached you find your programs, slightly changed to make them run on our system.

I used soapUI and the response that you posted on 23.10.2012. Guess what? I got back everything:

> EVAL dequeue2Response
  DEQUEUE2RESPONSE.DEQUEUE2RETURN.COUNT = 3
  DEQUEUE2RESPONSE.DEQUEUE2RETURN.TRANSACTIONS =
            ....5...10...15...20...25...30...35...40...45...50...55...60
       1   '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><tranBlock><tran ID="7'
      61   '939" companyID="TMTSW" auxID="0093368348"><T.7.01.0> <key>26'
     121   '75704</k'
  DEQUEUE2RESPONSE.DEQUEUE2RETURN.TRANSACTIONIDOUT = 7941

Please compare the changed modules with the one you use.

You do not need to try 1.15.2 because that version seems to have a problem with the namespaces (actually no namespaces) of your wsdl. These namespaces are driving me crazy. I wished someone could explain that to me in detail. I understand that an element has to be qualified with a namespace prefix when it is a complex type that is a child of another complex type and if both namespaces are different. It has to be qualified even if the schema specifies "elementFormDefault" as "unqualified". I am going to check that again.

Thomas.

Am 26.10.2012 19:32, schrieb Donnie:
    Thomas,

    Experimenting with the Redirect To STMF procedure was to confirm that
    my test program is indeed receiving the correct web service response.
    And it is.

    My intent is to receive and process the response in my test program
    without the need to save the xml.

    "...You can either use eXpat to parse
    the response and to populate the result data structure..."

    Here's where I am uncertain.  The test program generated from WSDL2RPG
    (without the redirect) is receiving a blank response from the
    webservice call.

    Here's my webservice call and dequeue2Response is empty after the call:

    // Now let's call the web service.

    dequeue2Response =

    OTSWebSvcs_dequeue2(

    parameters:

    errText);

    Maybe you can help me understand why dequeue2Response is empty after
    the call and what I need to do to return the webservice response to my
    test program?

    Thanks,

    Donnie

      ------------------------------
      Message: 3
      Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:29:03 +0200
      From: [1]thomas.raddatz@xxxxxx
      Cc: [2]ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
              [3]ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Subject: Antwort: Re: First Attempt At Decoding Base64 XML Element

      Donnie,
      I am sorry, but that works as designed. You can either use eXpat to
      parse
      the response and to populate the result data structure or you can
      save the
      complete response to a stream file and parse it later.
      Why should anybody want to use eXpat to parse the response and save
      it to
      a stream file?
      Thomas.
      [5]ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 25.10.2012
      19:47:26:
      > Von: [6]i5pgmranalyst@xxxxxxxxx
      > An: [7]ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
      > Datum: 25.10.2012 19:52
      > Betreff: Re: First Attempt At Decoding Base64 XML Element
      > Gesendet von: [8]ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      >
      > You were correct on both counts.  I read the FAQ and decided to
      upgrade
      > WSDL2RPG to v 1.15.2.
      >
      > After upgrading, I have a much different problem.  I can save the
      results
      > to a stream file inserting the following in my test program, but I
      am
      not
      > receiving the web service response back to my test program after
      the
      call: