Where do I start?

   Hello...I'm not sure if I'm sending this to the correct place.
   I am an RPG programmer in the transportation industry and I'm trying to
   retrieve data from one of our vendors via a Web Service. The vendor is
   telling me that I have to make an "HTTP Request" and I will receive a
   response as an XML. They are telling me that they have a REST Web
   Service, but they don't have a WSDL????
   This is all very confusing to me and it seems super complicated. My
   question is...as an RPG programmer...where do I begin? I've tried
   reading some stuff on the web, but they all seem to assume a level of
   proficiency with the massive number of unexplained acronyms that I just
   don't have. Where do I start?
   Thanks!
   Paul Reid
   Application Developer III
   Erb Group of Companies | 290 Hamilton Road | New Hamburg, Ontario | N3A
   1A2
   Phone: 519.662.6133 ext. 2363
   Web: [1]http://www.erbgroup.com/