HTTPAPI Timeout issue

I'm trying to run a simple test to a secure site: api.stripe.com, it
requires application/x-www-form-urlencoded and responds with a JSON
response.

For some reason, I am getting a timeout but I know the system is up and
running, I've tested it on freebsd with Curl so I can say it operational.

I used Scott's example4 as my template but I'm not sure I've got it right.

I set it to https:// and I've made sure I have access to the certs so
that's not or should not be the problem.

However, when I run the program it just runs and runs and nothing happens,
eventually timing out.

Here is a copy of the code, now I kept the stuff at the top the same IE:
all the D specs, etc.

c                   eval      rc = http_url_post(
c                             'https://api.stripe.com/v1/charges' +
c                             ' -u sk_test_BQokikJOvBiI2HlWgH4olfQ2:'
c                             : myPointer
c                             : dataSize
c                             : '/tmp/testpost.html'
c                             : HTTP_TIMEOUT
c                             : HTTP_USERAGENT
c                             : 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dutch