Re: "Broken Pipe" Error

Chuck,

Broken pipe means (more or less) that you were disconnected in the middle of writing the data.

The gsk_secure_soc_write() API is an IBM-supplied API for doing SSL communications. You can't "drill down" into it because IBM does not provide source code for the operating system. You can learn more about it here, however:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/apis/gsk_secure_soc_write.htm?lang=en

I'm guessing that maybe you screwed something up in the system when you were changing authorities that is causing the SSL features of the operating system to go haywire -- only a guess, of course, but you say it was working fine until you changed some permissions...

-SK