proxy access problem

   Hi Scott,

   as announced earlier, I am actually testing access to a testserver via
   proxy.

   The situation in our environment is as following:

   -        We may not access any server outside the network directly.

   -        Therefore we have a proxy server and a port number to use

   -        Sending web-service requests to the proxy as host-url with the
   portnumber ([1]https://app-proxy.eb.lan.at:10071) forwards our request
   to the destination host (works fine generally and we are using this
   approach for several years with other partners)

   -        Unfortunately our new partner wants to ensure RFC2616
   conformity and checks the host header: when we send out our request
   using the proxy setting, we use as host the final destination
   ([2]https://secure.armstrongconsulting.com/) and use
   http_setproxy(`app-proxy.eb.lan.at':10071), the communication doesn´t
   work. What am I missing here ?

   Enclosed is the debug log for my proxy access:

   HTTPAPI Ver 1.32 released 2016-02-10

   NTLM Ver 1.4.0 released 2014-12-22

   OS/400 Ver V7R1M0

   New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819. ProtLoc=0

   http_setauth(): entered

   https_init(): entered

   QSSLPCL = *OPSYS

   SSL version 2 support disabled

   SSL version 3 support enabled

   Old interface to TLS version 1.0 support enabled

   TLS version 1.0 support enabled

   TLS version 1.1 support enabled

   TLS version 1.2 support enabled

   --------------

   Dump of local-side certificate information:

   --------------

   http_url_post(): entered

   http_persist_open(): entered

   http_long_ParseURL(): entered

   DNS resolver retrans: 2

   DNS resolver retry  : 2

   DNS resolver options: x'00000136'

   DNS default domain: eb.lan.at

   DNS server found: 10.3.42.1

   DNS server found: 10.3.42.2

   Nagle's algorithm (TCP_NODELAY) disabled.

   CONNECT secure.armstrongconsulting.com:443 HTTP/1.1

   Host: secure.armstrongconsulting.com HTTP/1.1

   Proxy-Connection: keep-alive

   recvresp(): entered

   recvresp(): end with err

   http_close(): entered

   Thanks for your support.

   Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards Mag. Alexander Grünwald