RE: Stuck with certificates for https

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

And then it cut off because the error message field wasn't large enough to
display the entire response. I'm assuming it probably said "is not signed by
a valid certificate authority" or words to that effect.

Yes, but I think you're confused about WHICH certificate wasn't signed by a valid authority.

It's UPS's certificate that it's complaining about, not yours. Most likely, you haven't set up your application's trust list properly in the digital certificate manager.