Re: Fw: RPG calling a web service / HTTP 1.1 500 Internal ServerError, here is the attached code

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On the code I sent, the error states something about the program expecting a character input field with a maximum length of 52a. Is the conflict because non Iseries is Varchar and Iseries is fixed character length ?

The message you're referring to is the help text for the DSPLY opcode. It's not relevant to your problems.

I happened to use the DSPLY opcode in the EXAMPLExx programs to show the error messages so that I wouldn't have to create a display file or log file. When it displays messages, and you hit help on them, it'll tell you how to use the DSPLY opcode.

It has absolutely nothing to do with HTTPAPI or whether your program is working or not. The fixed-length 52A field is just the way I happened to define my error message field in my program.

I hope that you don't use the DSPLY opcode in production, it was just there to keep the example simple.