PASS command fails from within program using FTPAPI FTP_Conn(), but works from IBM FTP Client

   Scott --

   I was wondering if you have seen this behavior before or if you have
   any suggestions for troubleshooting it further.

   If we login with the vendor-supplied user and password from the IBM
   FTP Client, we have no problems.

   However, our FTP program using FTPAPI always receives the 530 error
   when it runs.

   I have re-checked the program many times and the user and password are
   correctly coded on the ftp_Conn() call.

   (I have obscured the actual user and password in the logs below.)

   One thing "strange" about this vendor is that their user must be sent
   in quotes since it is in two parts, like a domain and user."

   FTPAPI joblog:

   0: FTPAPI version 2.2 released on 2005-09-20
   3: 220 FileZilla Server version 0.9.12 beta
   3: > USER "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/yyyyyyyyyyy"
   3: 331 Password required for "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/yyyyyyyyyyy"
   3: > PASS **********
   3: 530 Login or password incorrect!

   IBM FTP Client log:

   > open
   alertnowlogin.com

     Connecting to host ALERTNOWLOGIN.COM at address 216.27.92.162 using
   port 21.
     220 FileZilla Server version 0.9.12
   beta
   > "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/yyyyyyyyyyy"

     >>> USER "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/yyyyyyyyyyy"

     331 Password required for "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/yyyyyyyyyyy"
     >>> PASS
   ********
     230 Logged
   on

   SYST

     UNIX emulated by
   FileZilla

   I ran our program and FTPAPI in debug and visually checked the
   password, just before the SendLine() call is made.

   Any help would be appreciated.

   Thanks, Scott

   Scott A. Schollenberger

   Director, R&D

   [schoolssignature.gif]

   Phone: (610) 239-9988 ext. 305

   Fax: (610) 239-9995
   Email: [1]sschollenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2011 Renaissance Blvd., Suite 100
   King of Prussia, PA  19406
   This message and any attachments are confidential to the ordinary user
   of the e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be
   privileged. If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward,
   disclose or use any part of the message or its attachments and if you
   have received this message in error, please notify the sender
   immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your system. The
   sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
   context of this message that arise as a result of Internet
   transmission. Any opinions contained in this message are those of the
   author and are not given or endorsed by the Harris company or office
   through which this message is sent unless otherwise clearly indicated
   in this message and the authority of the author to so bind the Harris
   entity referred to is duly verified.