From: "Mohamed Musthafa Safarulla" <mohamedmusthafa.safarulla@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects" <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: How FTPAPI handle error

Hi Mario,

I did something like this with FTPAPI..jut worked like a dream.

I created an XML and dropped it in remote server. Remote server will pick it
up whenever it wants and process it returns me an XML in another folder. So
what i did is created a self sbmitting program which runs 24/7 polls for any
XMLs in the outbound folder. If it is there, take it and delete it.

I can share the code too, if this is what you are looking for. Pretty sleek
with FTPAPI.

Thanks,
Musthafa

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Mario Martoriello <
martoriello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Hello Guys
>   It 's the first time I use the FTPAPI. I have to send an order via ftp
>   and receive the confirm order via ftp too. So I have to put the order
>   and than get the confirm . My problem raise because I don't know when
>   the confirm's file is ready i.e. I have to wait until the confirm's
>   file is done. Can I do this with ftpapi. I suppose that if a get a
>   file that is open by an other program I cannot download it and receive
>   an error. Can I intercept this error and sleep my program and than
>   retry the get operation or someone can tip me another solution?
>
>   thanks in advance
>
>   Ing. Mario Martoriello
>   Direzione Tecnica
>   Tel. + 39 081-5563661
>   Cell. +39 335-6324818
>   Fax +39 081-5561077
>   e-mail [1]martoriello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   [2]www.metasoftware.it
>   [cid:B66409480DA2417BBE5DCE249A73110D@TP03] Prima di stampare, pensa
>   all'ecologia.
>   Le informazioni contenute nella presente pagina e nei relativi
>   allegati possono essere riservate e sono destinate esclusivamente al
>   suindicato destinatario. La diffusione, la distribuzione e/o la
>   copiatura del presente documento, dei suoi allegati o di sue parti da
>   parte di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario è proibita, sia
>   ai sensi dell'art. 616 c.p. , che ai sensi del D. Lgs. n. 196/2003.
>   Il Titolare dei dati è Metasoftware via A.Vaccaro, 20 - 80100 Napoli,
>   nella persona del legale rappresentante della stessa. I dati, ottenuti
>   nell'ambito delle normali attività aziendali, saranno trattati anche
>   con mezzi informatici e conservati presso la sede di Metasoftware
>   conformemente con la normativa vigente.
>   Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, vi preghiamo di
>   distruggerlo e di informarci immediatamente inviando una e-mail a:[3]
>   supportotecnico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   This message and any attachments (the 'message') is intended solely
>   for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in
>   error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not
>   in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either
>   whole or partial, is prohibited, except with formal approval. The
>   Internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message. Metasoftware
>   shall therefore not be liable for the message, if modified.
>   Metasoftware accepts no liability for any damage caused by any error
>   or virus transmitted by this email.
>
> References
>
>   1. mailto:martoriello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   2. http://www.metasoftware.it/