RE: Example 1 With Proxy Server

Mike,

Let's see if we can help. As Loek indicated, HTTPAPI is like putting a very basic browser on your IBM i. The browser can send data to a server and receive data from a server but will not itself be a server. Most of the web based configuration on the IBM i is for running a server on your box.

So, your IBM I has to be able to do some basic things. HTTPAPI has a logging capability. This log file will help you (after you understand it) to know what is happening. EXAMPLE1 usually has this statement in it:
  *  Turning on debugging.
  *
  *     Calling http_debug and passing *ON will turn on
  *     HTTPAPI's debugging support.  It will write a debug
  *     log file to the IFS in /tmp/httpapi_debug.txt
  *     with loads of tech info about the HTTP transaction.
  *
  *     The debug file is crucial if you have problems!
 c                   callp     http_debug(*ON)

So, look in your EXAMPLE1 and make sure you have a http_debug(*ON) statement. Run EXAMPLE1 and let it finish. Now, look at the httpapi_debug.txt file (wrklnk '/tmp/httpapi_debug.txt'). Copy it into an email and send to the list.

Mike Krebs