Re: need simple RPGLE WS host example

hi Vince,

CGIDEV2 isn't going to help with reading the XML sent from the consumer.
  The standard QtmhRdStin() API is all you need to read that XML.
CGIDEV2's input routines are designed for reading input that was
populated with HTML <form> and <input> tags, it's not for reading an XML
document sent from a web service consumer.

For sending back the output, CGIDEV2's templates would be useful,
however.

Did you read the forum thread I linked to in my previous message to you?
  Because you seem to be floundering completely blindly in spite of the
fact that that thread contained a complete example in native RPG that
runs on Apache.

If you don't feel it's necessary to do all of the work yourself, try
using the IWS (Integrated Web Services) feature of IBM i.  It's free,
very simple, and doesn't require WebSphere. It makes it very easy to put
simple web services out there in RPG.

Lastly, there's the WebSphere way. (That's what the wizards in WDSC are
for.)  This would be a last resort for me, I wouldn't go this route
unless someone put a gun to my head.

So that's 3 different methods...   now that we've given you lots of
direction, can we please take this off of this mailing list?  It's not
related to HTTPAPI or FTPAPI.  It's really important to me to keep
things on this list on track, because I encourage people to subscribe
saying "it's low volume, and only relates to FTPAPI/HTTPAPI..."

Here are some more general purpose discussion forums that I participate in:
http://forums.systeminetwork.com
http://www.midrange.com