RE: HTTPAPI: (GSKit) I/O: Unknown system state.

   Been using this utility for several years now without incident, but
   suddenly this week we're getting errors when it appears to receive the
   CA certificate information.  This is from the httpapi_debug.txt log.

   HTTPAPI Ver 1.20 released 2007-06-04

   New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819. ProtLoc
   http_url_get(): entered
   http_persist_open(): entered
   http_long_ParseURL(): entered
   https_init(): entered
   Dump of local-side certificate information:
   (GSKit) I/O: Unknown system state.
   ssl_error(406): (GSKit) I/O: Unknown system state.
   SetError() #30: SSL Handshake: (GSKit) I/O: Unknown system state.
   Cert Validation Code = 0

                            Additional Message Information

    Message ID . . . . . . :   CPA0701       Severity . . . . . . . :
   99
    Message type . . . . . :   Inquiry
    Date sent  . . . . . . :   08/06/10      Time sent  . . . . . . :
   11:33:18

    Message . . . . :   CPF9897 received by CUCL0111 at 600. (C D I R)
    Cause . . . . . :   Control language (CL) program CUCL0111 in library
   QGPL
      detected an error at statement number 600. Message text for CPF9897
   is: SSL
      Handshake: (GSKit) I/O: Unknown system state.
    Recovery  . . . :   This inquiry message can be avoided by changing
   the
      program. Monitor for the error (MONMSG command) and perform error
   recovery
      within the program. To continue, choose a reply value.
    Possible choices for replying to message . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
   . :
      C -- Cancel the CL program.
      D -- Dump the CL program variables and cancel the CL program.
      I -- Ignore the failing command.

     More...
    Reply  . . . :   C

   Recently we renewed a Server certificate which is issued by the CA
   which might have caused it, but I don't think so as we never had to do
   anything on the Iseries Client User whenever we renewed certificates
   annually for all environments (Dev, QA, Prod).

   I'm thinking something's amiss in the IBM layers?

   Any clues?

   -mike