Question about HTTPS

   Hello,

   I attended the NEUGU conference last week and came back with all kinds
   of good stuff. One that I found useful was the API HTTP open source.
   Using this and a little help from one of the handouts from the
   conference I was able to write a RPGLE program that consumed a web
   service from the net. This web service is free and will spell check a
   word or text. At this time I have an application in our ERP system
   where this would be very helpful. I had a discussion about this web
   service with our network manager and he had concerns about security. I
   see that the API supports HTTP and HTTPS. How can I ensure that the
   HTTPS is being used and how can I convince our manager that the web
   service is secure?

   Ernie Gaudes

   Littleton Coin Co

   Littleton NH