   From:        Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   To:        HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date:        2012/11/20 07:39 PM
   Subject:        Re: Set the time out limited
   Sent by:        ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   Hi Devlyn,
   There shouldn't be any idle time during an HTTP session.  (This does
   NOT
   work like a Client Access session where it sits and waits for a user.)

   It should be constantly either sending or receiving data. The only time
   it should be waiting is:
   1) While waiting for the web service to process your request.
   2) Waiting for data to traverse the network (which normally would never
   be as high as 30 seconds)
   I'm wondering if there is something wrong here, like the web service
   might be crashing, or something like that.  If you increase the
   timeout,
   does it solve any problems?  I'm thinking it won't.
   On 11/20/2012 3:25 AM, vanderWalt.Devlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
   >     Thomas
   >     You have giving me great idea's, I still want to try and see if I
   can
   >     get our web services server to send back a byte every 30 seconds,
   but
   >     if this fails then what you suggest can work well. Thank  a lot.
   >     Enjoy

   This e-mail is subject to the Columbus Stainless [Pty] Ltd Email Legal
   Notices available at:
   [2]http://www.columbus.co.za/EmailLegalNotice.htm.