From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roberto Tempesti
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 1:22 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Rif: RE: http_url_get problem

Hi Mike,

what can I say......"Bingo!".

Your observations are right and now the program works perfectly.

Thank you so much!
Also thanks to Sean and obviously to Scott too!

Roberto Tempesti

P.S.: Is my English better than your Italian? ;o)

Mike Krebs <mkrebs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Inviato da: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
29/11/2012 18.46
Per favore, rispondere a HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects

        Per:    HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Oggetto:        RE: http_url_get problem

> Well, I built the parameter part of the string with the function
"http_url_encoder_addvar_s", maybe the problem is there?

The way you retrieved the data is a problem. REQ does not have blanks in
it. Therefore an ordinary %trim is leaving x'00' attached. The length of
URL is 1000 and the %trim has no effect.

One fix is this:

url = %trim(url) + %trimr(req:x'00');

Another is this...
data being a varying length field

data = http_url_encoder_getstr(Enc);

Another is to use the webform support (EXAMPLE12)

   form = webform_open();
   webform_setVar(form: 'query': %trim(queryString));

   uri ='http://api.wunderground.com/auto/wui/geo/ForecastXML/+
         index.xml?query=' + webform_getData(Form);

   webform_close(form);