Is a certificate required for SSL on IBM i (was: Re: Can HTTPAPI send a CSV and recieve a response?)

HTTPAPI uses the SSL support built in to the operating system. As I understand it, back in some very old releases (V4R5, maybe? Nothing recent.) There was a problem where you had to install a client certificate to use SSL. But, IBM fixed that ages ago... so unless you're really out-of-date, that shouldn't be needed.

You do need to have the digital certificate manager installed, and the *SYSTEM certificate store must be created in the digital certificate manager. But, you don't need to install any additional certificates (unless the server requires a client-side certificate -- but that's rare.)