XML not well formed for foreign characters

   We're trying to import and parse XML with http_parse_xml_stmf and
   getting the error that XML is not well formed.
   We determined that the problem is a foreign character, ß, as part of
   one of the text fields.
   I believe that's a Unicode character?
   I'm not sure how to solve this one... I imagine it has something to do
   with CCSID or Code Page. I hope someone can help. I expect to have a
   number of XML files with foreign characters coming in that may
   encounter this problem.
   Thanks,
   Charlie

   This email has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.