Re: [Ftpapi] HTTPAPI and YAJL objects needed on non-development systems

You might wan to think of renaming them Jim and/or fencing them by compiling to the specific library you are shipping.  Otherwise there may be long term issues if they use the library for other purposes.

Jon Paris

On Jun 21, 2021, at 11:59 AM, midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks Scott.  The systems where the REST client will be deployed on will not be doing any compiling or object creation.  Only consuming the web service.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects

From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2021 10:50 AM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Ftpapi] HTTPAPI and YAJL objects needed on non-development systems

Hi Jim,
That really depends on what you're using.
For HTTPAPI, you'll need:
1) The HTTPAPIR4 service program
2) The EXPAT service program if you're using the XML integration features.
3) The HTTPAPI *CMD, , *PNLGRP and HTTPCMDR4 *PGM objects if using the CL command.
4) The HTTPQSHR4 *PGM object if using the QShell command.

For YAJL you'll need:
1) The YAJL service program
2) The YAJLR4 service program if using YAJL with RPG (including DATA-GEN, DATA-INTO or subprocedure calls)
3) The YAJLDTAGEN program if using the DATA-GEN interface
4) The YAJLINTO program if using the DATA-INTO interface

I'm assuming that you aren't compiling/binding anything on the non-dev box.  If for some reason you do plan to bind things, you'll need the binding directories (HTTPAPI and YAJL *BNDDIR objects, respectively.)   IF compiling, you'll need the copybooks, too.   (HTTPAPI_H, CONFIG_H for HTTPAPI, YAJL_H for YAJL)  But, if no compiling or binding, you won't need any of that.
--
Scott Klement
sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx