Print PDF file from IFS to OUTQ with printer: EPSON M15140

Discussions relating to writing software in ILE RPG (RPG IV). This includes both fixed and free format RPG.
Ewart

Print PDF file from IFS to OUTQ with printer: EPSON M15140

Post by Ewart »

Hello all,

I want to print a normal IBM i spool file to a new EPSON M15140 printer on the LAN. Unfortunately, we could not create an OUTQ with the correct parameters as this model is not defined in the list. It is printing all 'junk'. Sent a query to Epson for the correct OUTQ parameters, waiting for their reply.

In the meantime, I thought of creating a pdf version of the spool file & printing it on the same printer. I have installed Scott's 'PRTSTMF' which works fine. I realized that here again we need to set up the OUTQ correctly so that the PDF file prints correctly. Could anyone help with the parameters required in setting up the OUTQ?

Thanks & Best Regards
Ewart
Scott Klement
Site Admin

Re: Print PDF file from IFS to OUTQ with printer: EPSON M15140

Post by Scott Klement »

Find out which printer languages the printer supports, and what network interfaces it provides. This should be in the documentation that came with it. Then look for the closest match here:
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/infor ... ters-epson
Ewart

Post by Ewart »

Thanks Scott,

The Supplier sent me this table:

Printers..............Printer........Host-.......PDT File........MFRTYPMDL...... LPR..PJL.. SNMP..IPP
.....................Data Stream...Based......for PC5250.......for HPT
EPSON M15180....PCL6, PCL5e....N.........hppcl5.pdt.........*HP4..............Y.....Y.......Y.....Y
..................................................LaserPCL.PDT

(Sorry: Didn't know how to insert a picture hence the dots to separate the values)

How do I fit in the above values into the CRTOUTQ command?
CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QUSRSYS/ED163T06)
RMTSYS(*INTNETADR)
RMTPRTQ('raw')
AUTOSTRWTR(1)
CNNTYPE(*IP)
DESTTYPE(*OTHER)
MFRTYPMDL(*HP4)
INTNETADR('138.103.67.108')
DESTOPT(XAIX)
SEPPAGE(*YES)
TEXT('EPSON M15180')

Thanks & Best Regards
Ewart
emaxt6

Post by emaxt6 »

You can directly print a spool-PDF to a printer that natively supports direct PDF printing (the best thing to do, so you can avoid eventual format translation quirks).

Otherwise, you need to respool the PDF translating in *AFPDS and send to a common PCL only printer (PCL is usually supported).

refer to the options here:

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/optio ... system-ifs
millerste

Post by millerste »

I'm trying to print a PDF from the IFS that contains an overlay to a HP Color LaserJet M455 using Scott Klement's PRTSTMF'. I set up a network device printer for this. When it prints, the image is larger than the original causing the edges to be cut off. I have attached the device description. Any ideas how to keep the size to the original size when it prints?
Thanks!
Attachments
QPDCDEV_STEWARTM_N9STEWARTC_937079_1.pdf
Device Configuration
(68.35 KiB) Downloaded 614 times