HTTPAPI

Discussions related to HTTPAPI (An HTTP Client Package for RPG programming.) http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/
freelance

Re: HTTPAPI

Post by freelance »

More Tiktok API details (parms) ..
freelance

Post by freelance »

Sorry Scott. You are right.

~~~
Hi Jon, any thoughts so far ?

Are we good with the info I provide related to API details !?
freelance

Post by freelance »

Hi Scott, if you could respond, as Jon has not replied so far.
freelance

Post by freelance »

One limitation from what I am told is that in your Example7 for HTTPAPI, URL for Scott is mentioned. Cannot change it to 3rd party URL.

So, would be compelled to go with GETURI, since HTTPAPI is inflexible in this case, which seems true now ..

Thought Jon was going to show the way ... has not responded so far after making big promises; even after I provided API details ..
jonboy49

Post by jonboy49 »

Last week I had some free time. Over the weekend I had free time. I asked multiple times for the API data. You didn't supply it. Finally on Monday you eventually came up with **some** of the information needed. And I'M the bad guy for not rushing to give you an answer?

I was busy after your information finally came in. And have been busy all day today. I may have some time tomorrow and if I do I will try and take a look at it.

I will repeat however repeat that you are wasting your time looking at GETURI if you magically expect it to do things that HTTPAPI can't.

Note: **some** What I mean by this is you have given the details for the OAUTH token API. You told us that the endpoint was https://seller-us.tiktok.com/product/manage but not what the parameters, authority method required etc. etc. You gave all that information for https://open.tiktokapis.com/v2/oauth/token/ but that is only one half of the story.

Also - is the https://open.tiktokapis.com/v2/oauth/token/ API the only one you have available? That appears at a quick glance to be a call-back API and while you can handle that it is messy. Most people using OAUTH where a computer is providing the responses and not a human also offer a server-to-server API for OAUTH token retrieval - do TikTok not have one?
freelance

Post by freelance »

Hi Jon, based on my understanding, I am attempting to use postman-Tiktok suppied curl command (snapshots attached) to generate the OAuth v2.0 access_token, by filling in necessary parms (includes API keys-public & private(secret)), which I got after the App was approved by Tiktok.
Meanwhile, you could analyze and take close look at the info & API details I have provided - does include all parms ! Did give you complete picture.
Client-access token was successful 200 ok. But, not User-access token, which is the main one needed, used everywhere.
Attachments
Tiktok_user access_token.GIF
Tiktok_user access_token.GIF (146.7 KiB) Viewed 511 times
Tiktok_user access_token 2.GIF
Tiktok_user access_token 2.GIF (133 KiB) Viewed 512 times
curl oauth v2.0.JPG
curl oauth v2.0.JPG (61.11 KiB) Viewed 518 times
Last edited by freelance on Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonboy49

Post by jonboy49 »

The Postman shows a failure so I'm not sure how that is supposed to help.

But you apparently have not read my post. I noted that you have not supplied the API details for the https://seller-us.tiktok.com/product/manage API.
freelance

Post by freelance »

The API details for Seller Center is to go to Developers login and share the API details I did. To authenticate we have goto Developer's login to fetch Client key (public) & Secret key (private).
API details relate to Developers not Seller Center .. If there was any API out there, I would have attached it here out right !

There is no API details or option found in Seller Center. That one only has bulk upload button to upload excel sheet filled with our product detail entries. See attachment for yourself (let me know what to click or where do I go in here to fulfil your request !), if you don't believe or understand ! I am not hiding anything from you or wasting your time. I am busy too ok ?

If you don't agree, then I will be forced to go with GETURI (acommodates OAuth token key). No choice .. HTTPAPI does NOT !
Attachments
Tiktok manage products.GIF
Tiktok manage products.GIF (217.31 KiB) Viewed 502 times
Last edited by freelance on Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:26 pm, edited 13 times in total.
jonboy49

Post by jonboy49 »

I am not going to go through the hassle of setting up a TikTok account just so I can find information that you already have. Sorry I don't have that much time to spare.
Scott Klement
Site Admin

Post by Scott Klement »

freelance wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:03 pm If you don't agree, then I will be forced to go with GETURI (acommodates OAuth token key). No choice .. HTTPAPI does NOT !
This is factually incorrect. HTTPAPI and GETURI do exactly the same thing.

If my choice is between writing the code for you for free vs. having you purchase Brad's product, and you really aren't willing to consider purchasing from me or hiring me as a consultant, and you really can't formulate questions about how to use HTTPAPI, then I would say go ahead and buy from Brad Stone. He's a good guy with good products.

Just because you found my tool available for free does not mean you are entitled to me (or Jon) also doing work for you for free. If you're willing to pay for assistance (just as you'll have to pay to use GETURI) then I am willing to discuss it further.