Copy Sheet (workbook.cloneSheet)

Scott Klement's open source interface to the POI HSSF/XSSF Spreadsheet Project for RPG Programmers. http://www.scottklement.com/poi/
abteisseire

Copy Sheet (workbook.cloneSheet)

Post by abteisseire »

Hello All,

I am trying to add functionality to be able to copy a sheet (workbook.cloneSheet) and to delete a sheet (workbook.removeSheet).

How is this done? I have tried to add a method by copying ss_getsheet() and naming it ss_imageSheet, with no success.

Thanks
Armando
Scott Klement
Site Admin

Re: Copy Sheet (workbook.cloneSheet)

Post by Scott Klement »

abteisseire wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:32 pm I am trying to add functionality to be able to copy a sheet (workbook.cloneSheet) and to delete a sheet (workbook.removeSheet).

How is this done?
What do you mean? Are you asking how to call Java code from RPG? It is described in the ILE RPG Programmer's Guide.
abteisseire wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:32 pmI have tried to add a method by copying ss_getsheet() and naming it ss_imageSheet, with no success.
This doesn't contain any helpful information, as all you've told us is the names of a subprocedure that you've copied and the name that you copied it to. Obviously the name isn't what's important, here... we'd need to know what the code inside the procedure actually does... in other words, we'd need to see the code and know what's happening when it fails, not just "no success", but detailed explanation of what fails and how.

Also... it's not really relevant to whether it works or not, but... I'm very confused by the name "ss_imageSheet". if your goal is to clone or remove a sheet, why would you call it "image". Is there more going on here than I understand?