A few people have asked me if its possible for the forum software to notify you when a new message is posted. The answer is YES!
To do that, you must:
- Subscribe to each topic area that you'd like to receive notifications for.
- Use the User Control Panel to set up your forums account to send you e-mail notifications.
In order to get notifications (or to post and reply to messages) you must be a registered forum user. You can register (free-of-charge) by clicking the "Register" button in the upper-right corner of the forums. Don't worry, we are not a business, and will never use your e-mail for marketing purposes!
Subscribing to Topic Areas
From the main forum page, click the topic area you wish to subscribe to. For example, General for this forum, or HTTPAPI for the HTTPAPI open source project, etc. On the next page, click the "Subscribe forum" checkbox near the bottom.
Do this for each topic area you'd like to receive notifications for.
Setting Up Your Account For E-mail Notifications
- In the upper-right corner of the forum page, click on your name.
- In the drop-down that appears, click "User Control Panel".
- Now click the "Board Preferences" tab.
- And select "edit notification options" on the left.
- Check the Email checkbox next to "Someone creates a topic" and "Someone replies to a topic" for your subscribed forums.
- Finally, click the "Submit" button to save your changes.