SCP command not working. EXEC REQUEST FAILED

Any IBM i topic that does not fit in another forum
muzouka

SCP command not working. EXEC REQUEST FAILED

Post by muzouka »

HI,

I am trying to transfer a file to an Azure based server from an AS400 server using sftp. The keys have been configured and I can connect to the Azure server if I manually login using a QSH session. Transferring files using the put command is no problem but when I try to use the scp command I get the error below:
debug1: channel 0: new ¢client-session!
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: pledge: network
debug1: Sending command: scp -v -t /destfolder/
exec request failed on channel 0
lost connection
The ports used to connect is open. Using the same command to connect to a different Azure server does not have the same problem. Any sugestions?
Scott Klement
Site Admin

Re: SCP command not working. EXEC REQUEST FAILED

Post by Scott Klement »

Typically it means that the SSH server is running out of resources, and can't run your request at this time.

In your example, it appears to be trying to run the server-side of the scp command -- and can't launch that command. Possibly there isn't memory, or all of the possible threads are in use, so it can't start another one, or something to that effect.

Your best bet is to discuss this with whomever runs the server.
Scott Klement
Site Admin

Post by Scott Klement »

Looks like IBM has a page for this error -- they are suggesting that the system is out of semaphores -- certainly possible? Here's the link, just in case it's helpful: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/6254674
muzouka

Post by muzouka »

Thanks for the reply. I had the destination server check their settings and it looks like scp was not enabled. The issue was fixed after enabling scp and restarting the server.