xmlbeans download

Scott Klement's open source interface to the POI HSSF/XSSF Spreadsheet Project for RPG Programmers. http://www.scottklement.com/poi/
wdwisser

xmlbeans download

Post by wdwisser »

Hello,
I'm trying to download all the java code to run the HSSF code. I've gotten the POI3.6 and the DOM4j but I cannot find the XmlBeans 2.5.0 anywhere that I've looked, as it seems to be archived off the Apache site now. I can download the xmlbeans-5.1.1... is this version compatible that anyone knows or does anyone know where to download the 2.5.0 version?

Thanks in advance.
Bill
Scott Klement
Site Admin

Re: xmlbeans download

Post by Scott Klement »

I just googled "xmlbeans-2.5.0.jar download" and it came up as the very first link.
msddcb

Post by msddcb »

3.6 is quite old, do you have a specific reason for using 3.6 ?
We are running 3.14 which is the last version compatible with HSSFR4 after that POI classes started using ENUMS.
Looking at my classpath the xmlbeans is the same jar I have used since we started using HSSFR4 many years ago.
Here is what I have
/POI3.14/POI-OOXML-3.14-20160307.JAR:
/POI3.14/POI-OOXML-SCHEMAS-3.14-20160307.JAR:
/POI3.14/POI-3.14-20160307.JAR:
/POI3.14/POI-SCRATCHPAD-3.14-20160307.JAR:
/POI3.14/POI-EXCELANT-3.14-20160307.JAR:
/XMLBEANS/JSR173_1.0_API.JAR:
/XMLBEANS/XBEAN.JAR:
wdwisser

Post by wdwisser »

I was just going off the documentation that I had from Dr. Klement's sites and using the exact ones that were listed on there. See link below for my thought path on this... If I can use an more recent version of things by all means I will give that a shot.

https://www.easy400.net/hssfcgi/documen ... 100225.htm
wdwisser

Post by wdwisser »

Okay... I'm not sure if this should be part of the same thread or not but here goes.

I am running the XLCRTDEMO after compiling all the objects. I am receiving the following error message:

RPG procedure XLCRTDEMO in program POI36/XLCRTDEMO received Java exception "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException" when calling method "<init>" with signature "()V" in class "org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook".

I have the following classpath setup:

ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(CLASSPATH) +
VALUE('/java/poi3.6/poi-3.6-20091214.jar+
:/java/poi3.6/poi-ooxml-3.6-20091214.jar+
:/java/poi3.6/poi-ooxml-schemas-3.6-20091214.jar+
:/java/dom4j/dom4j-1.6.1.jar+
:/java/xmlbeans/log4j-api-2.18.0.jar+
:/java/xmlbeans/slf4j-api-1.7.25.jar+
:/java/xmlbeans/lib/xbeans-5.1.1.jar') +
LEVEL(*JOB) +
REPLACE(*YES)

and I have set the Java_Home as follows:

ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(JAVA_HOME) +
VALUE('/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk80/32bit') +
REPLACE(*YES)

I am doing something very wrong here but I am not that versed in Java and I think I am mixing some of Dr. Kelement's notes on how to set this up properly. I would appreciate some help to get this moving forward as this is a super cool tool and would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for looking.
Bill
wdwisser

Post by wdwisser »

oh... and the reason for the xmlbeans files is because when I try to go to the link to pull the one everyone has I receive the following message. I think that this may be my issue on why things are not working, but it could be I have my path or environment variables setup wrong, but I think this doesn't help.
Attachments
Apache.pdf
(25.16 KiB) Downloaded 928 times
wdwisser

Post by wdwisser »

Okay.... some progress, I think.

I am able to call the XLCRTDEMO with an option of '0' and it runs to completion but I cannot run it with an option of '1' as it fails with those messages state prior.

Thanks
Scott Klement
Site Admin

Post by Scott Klement »

I don't understand. Above I asked you to search with Google for "xmlbeans-2.5.0.jar download"

When I do that, I get several sites... here's one:
http://www.java2s.com/example/jar/x/dow ... -file.html

When I click on the download, it gives me an ad, but after I close the ad it downloads... no problem. Did you completely ignore my earlier message and go back to trying to get it from the Apache site?
wdwisser

Post by wdwisser »

I was able to download the xmlbeans-2.5.0.jar and I put it in the IFS directory /java/xmlbeans and is that all I am supposed to do with it.
Scott Klement
Site Admin

Post by Scott Klement »

put it in your classpath, see previous discussion in this thread.