SSL API conversion for encryption

Discussions relating to writing software in ILE RPG (RPG IV). This includes both fixed and free format RPG.
rdambrosio

SSL API conversion for encryption

Post by rdambrosio »

I have an API that I am using in my RPG code. This is SOCKET_H. I need to update the software to allow encryption. Is there an API that will handle this?

Along with this API, the code is using the following API's as well:
TCP_H
SIGNAL_H
SPAWN_H
SOCKET_H
ICONV_H
ERRNO_H

Thanks!
Scott Klement
Site Admin

Re: SSL API conversion for encryption

Post by Scott Klement »

I always use the IBM Global Secure Toolkit (GSKit) for performing TLS (which replaced SSL 20 years ago.) The copybook that I provide for this is called GSKSSL_H.

Note that you're using TCP_H, which already has this support built in.
rdambrosio

Post by rdambrosio »

Thanks Scott. I'm not familiar with API's. The project I have was kind of thrown in my lap. Trying to figure this out as I go. :roll:

I'll look into the information that you gave me. Thanks again!
rdambrosio

Post by rdambrosio »

...so within TCP_H is there something special that I should be doing to ensure that the data being transferred to and from the PC to the iSeries is being secured? (encrypted?)

We were running our iSeries within our in-house network so we were not really concerned about data encryption/security between PC/iSeries. Now the iSeries is located on a different network and we need to secure the data.
Scott Klement
Site Admin

Post by Scott Klement »

TCP_H is the copybook for a service program named TCPR4. How are you using TCPR4? What routines are you calling in what order?

What are you doing on the PC side??

You seem to be assuming that I am familiar with your application. I am not.