V7R2 vs Earlier versions

Discussions relating to the ScottKlement.com port of the open source YAJL JSON Reader/Generator. This includes the YAJL tool as well as the YAJLR4, YAJLGEN, YAJLINTO and YAJLDTAGEN add-ons from ScottKlement.com. http://www.scottklement.com/yajl/
Joberholtzer

V7R2 vs Earlier versions

Post by Joberholtzer »

I have the YAJL download that includes the V7R2+ code. I have programs that use it, and they work wonderfully.

I need to use the V6R1 version due to some constraints I cannot control. Is the YAJL library the same for both downloads or do I need to keep two different versions for the older stuff? If I need both, are the library names critical?
--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects
Scott Klement
Site Admin

Re: V7R2 vs Earlier versions

Post by Scott Klement »

The library name does not matter.

The only reason for the V7R2+ code is that the DATA-INTO opcode doesn't exist prior to V7R2, so the programs related to it require TGTRLS(V7R2M0) or higher in order to compile -- which, of course, also means the save file won't restore to any release earlier than that.

The code in the YAJL and YAJLR4 service programs should work on older releases (though, I no longer have access to a V6R1 box, so not sure how much longer I can test that it'll still work.) It's just the DATA-INTO and DATA-GEN stuff that requires a newer release.