trouble with formulas

Scott Klement's open source interface to the POI HSSF/XSSF Spreadsheet Project for RPG Programmers. http://www.scottklement.com/poi/
wdwisser

Re: trouble with formulas

Post by wdwisser »

Okay, I updated it to use the 2-500 (e.g. =SUMIF(D$2:D$500,BJ4,J$2:J$500)/2000) in the formula and the number of rows that contain data are through 575 and still the same thing, the formula doesn't execute until I click on it and press Enter. Hmmm... very peculiar. With this change some of the formulas now contain a value of zero since the data is only available through to row 500, but that is to be expected.
wdwisser

Post by wdwisser »

Does anyone have any insight on why this occurring? Shouldn't the formulas work once you open up the spreadsheet or am I missing something.

Thanks for your input.
wdwisser

Post by wdwisser »

Just to give full disclosure: I found that the spreadsheet needed to be updated to force formula calculations when opened. The way I did this was to right click on a tab and then "View Code". Once that opened, I clicked on "ThisWorkbook" and found the attribute "ForceFullCalculation" was set to "False", so I changed it to "True" and saved the spreadsheet and voila it worked like a charm.

Thanks everyone for your input.