Re: HTTPAPI - Problem consuming WCF web service - HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Hello,

> I wrote a basic web service and was able to consume it fine.  Then I wrote
> a WCF web service (Same basic code) and when I tryied to consume it,
> received the following error:
> HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

I'm not sure what WCF is, or why it'd matter. The '400 Bad Request'
implies that something you're sending is wrong.  (Unfortunately, it's
not more specific about _what_ is wrong.. it just says something is bad
in the request.)

Please don't expect me to be familiar with what your web service
requires!  Every web service is different!

> I have attached the RPG code, the SVC file, and the error log.  Can someone
> take a quick look to see if I have this set-up properly?  Thanks!!

There's nothing obvious in your RPG code.  Keep in mind that what you
need to code will vary dramatically depending on what your web service
requires...   so nothing leaps out at me as "proper" or "improper"

> Here is the relevent xml from the SVC file:

Your "SVC" file appears to be an excerpt from a WSDL file.  (I had not
heard the term "SVC" before, so it's quite a relief to find out that
it's just a WSDL.)

Unfortunately, yours is only an excerpt, and has extra - (dash)
characters added into it.  My WSDL analyzing tools won't read it... they
need the whole file, without the extra dash characters added in.

Can you please send the original file?  Add it as an attachment and post
it to the mailing list?

The WSDL file is the main piece of information you need to troubleshoot
a "bad request" error, since it's the document that describes what the
request SHOULD be.