Re: How to include a whole USRSPC in a SOAP definition

Hi Mike,

I really don't see the problem...   Assuming you already know how to
access a user space, then all you need to do is make your variable as
large as the user space.  (Or make it larger, and use %subst() to get
only the portion that's desired.)

The only caveat is that v5r4 and earlier releases only support 65535 in
a single variable, and a user space could potentially be larger than
that.  But in that case, it's not just referring to the user space as
one variable that's a problem, your SOAP variable isn't going to be
large enough, either.  So you're going to have to either build the whole
she-band in dynamic memory using pointer logic (in which case, you don't
need to access the user space as a single variable!) or you need to
build your SOAP message in a file instead of building it in memory (in
which case, again, you don't need to access the whole space as a variable.)

So I'm not exactly sure what to say...   Can you explain your situation
better?