Re: HTTP API.

Hi Ken,

> The second time I call it I get a -HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request  error
> message back. If I call it multiple times with the other program it
> works fine every time. It is only from this certain program and only
> the second call and all calls after that.

Unfortunately, since I don't know anything about the two callers, I
can't make any suggestions.  I suggest you verify that HTTPAPI is
running the latest version (if possible, try the beta version of 1.24,
available here: http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta)

If that doesn't help, then take a look at the difference between the two
calls.  Obviously, if the same program works from one caller and not the
other, examining the differences between them might point you in the
right direction.

> I'm sure I have something hosed up with the activation groups but I
> wanted to see if you had seen this before with the HTTPAPI.

HTTPAPI uses the activation group to preserve session cookies (cookies
that are intended to stay in memory until "the browser is closed"...
HTTPAPI keeps them til the activation group is closed.)

HTTPAPI also uses the activation group to store the SSL environment, so
that it doesn't have to be re-created on every SSL call -- improves
performance.

HTTPAPI also saves some misc data in memory in the activation group.
(Basic/Digest authentication data, redirect URL, CCSID information, HTTP
header information.) in case you need them for subsequent calls.

I don't know what your code is doing, of course, so I don't know why any
of this would affect subsequent calls.

> The error is returning from http_post_xml call. I have the
> http_debug turned on but it does not show this error.

That doesn't make any sense! If you're receiving a 400 Bad Request, it
should definitely be in the debug file.

Right now, in order to help you, I simply need more information.  I
can't even attempt to help because I know nothing about the program, or
the two environments its called in.  A debug file would jelp.  Even more
helpful would be code that demonstrates the problem.  (Preferably code
that's very short/simple that I can load onto my machine...  I don't
want to be stuck poring through hundreds of lines of superfluous
code.... or to try to create your database environment on my box...)