Exit points

   Hi, folks, this is my first post here.

As a preface, I have searched the archives for "exit program" and for QIBM_QTMF
_CLIENT_REQ and for PowerLock with not much result.

There was a question from someone in 2004 asking why settings in PowerLock have
 no apparent effect on FTPAPI.  Apparently the poster didn't know how PowerLock
 works (or how it doesn't, in this case).  Answer: PowerLock control is install
ed at the QIBM_QTMF_CLIENT_REQ exit point.

Until I started working with FTPAPI very recently, I had assumed that IBM someh
ow tied that exit point to the FTP ports. (Naive, now I think about it.)  Appar
ently instead, the FTP client program itself makes the necessary hooks.

I mentioned on another list that our auditors wouldn't allow this program on on
e of the main systems I work with since it seems to lack the kind of control th
at they want (for example, some users can GET, some can PUT or GET, and some ca
n only do DIR operations).  (This is all managed by PowerLock controls at this
point.)

So my question is, Have any on this list made an attempt to fit the IBM exit po
ints with FTPAPI? (I have no clue how that would be done, nor if it even *can*
be done in a supported manner.)  I'd love to use this decidedly better solution
 but am stymied except on my development machines.

I appreciate your responses.

   Dennis E. Lovelady
   AIM/Skype: delovelady      MSN: fastcounter@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   [1]www.linkedin.com/in/dennislovelady --
   "Since I moved to suburbia I found out the purpose of those railroad
   timetables.  Without them there would be no way of knowing how late
   your train is."
          -- Gregory Nunn